If we plan ahead, stay focussed on our work and avoid putting all of our eggs in one basket, freelancing can provide us with an income that is just as good and just as predictable as working for a company.
If you love being a freelancer and want to take your work to the next level, check out these top 10 apps for freelancers to help you stay in control of your business and your life.
Clockify is the perfect time-tracking app. If there is one thing that is most important to us freelancers it’s our time. Time is money after all.
This app will aid you in keeping track of billable time so that you can keep tabs on how productive and profitable you are being so that you can se where you need to improve your work processes.
Here are some of the most important features of the Clockify app:
- You have the option to enter time manually
- You have the option to state whether your time is billable or not
- The app allows you to track your time whilst working on the activities
- The Timesheet helps you to track idle time as well
- There are four kinds of hourly rates available
- Access visual reports showing your productivity each week, including how much time you have spent on each project, client or task
- You have the option to save and share your reports to clients
- The app automatically calculates your earnings and what is due to be paid, which is great for invoicing clients. This is based on your hourly rate and billable time
- The app can be integrated with more than one hundred other apps, and also be used across all of your various devices
Mint is a nifty little budget planner that helps you to manage your incomings and outgoings easily and efficiently.
What’s more, if you are concerned about your device being lost or stolen with all of your private financial details on display, don’t worry because you can disconnect your Mint account and your phone from your browser account in such a scenario!
Check out some of the Mint app features:
- Track your bills
- Manage your budget
- Receive alerts & financial advice
- Sync your bank accounts, credit cards and Paypal
- Track transactions
- Receive alerts when you when you go over-budget on a project
- Mint will provide you with a handy weekly summary
Wunderlist is a fab to-do and task manager app. It is invaluable for helping you to get things done!
The wonderful thing about the app though, is that it looks after the bigger picture of your life, helping you to manage your work and personal life and be better able to create that much needed balance.
As freelancers we often get carried away and let our work slip into our personal lives.
Here are some of the useful features of the Wunderlist app:
- Create to-do lists and share them with friends, family and colleagues
- Define your deadlines and set task reminders
- Assign specific to-dos to the people you are collaborating with on a project
- Add comments to your lists
- Group your tasks into folders and add notes
- Create list templates for tasks that reoccur so that you can easily fill them in when the time comes
Invoicely is an invoicing platform that provides you with plenty of awesome features and helps you and your business to function well and look professional.
Here are just some of the things you can do with the Invoicely app:
- Track time
- Track business expenses
- Track vehicle mileage
- Issue invoices
- Accept payments
- Take care of discounts, taxes and shipping